There is a lot of conversations being had about Coronavirus. This is the latest information that I have received from Wokingham Borough Council.
There have been 3 confirmed cases in Wokingham Borough. To date there have been no positive tests relating to contacts in any of these cases.
As you are no doubt aware, the Government has postponed the May Local Elections – Electoral Services are waiting for more official announcement on this
Yesterday, the Government announced it had moved its response to the Delay stage. We are expecting more detailed guidance on what this means for us on Monday but some of the key points are;
- If you have a cough (continuous and new) or a fever, the advice is now to stay at home for 7 days
- People Over 70 should avoid cruises
- Only people in hospital will be tested
- From today (Friday March 13) all school trips abroad are to be cancelled
- There will be no cancellation of mass gatherings at this stage
- There will be no closing of schools unless advised to do so as a result of local health guidance
- The peak/most dangerous period is several weeks away
John Halsall will be making a full statement at the Council meeting on Thursday 19th March.